Monday 26 October 2015

Caitlin's Personification Piece

L.I. Use personification in my writing


I am a shell. I lay on the golden sand as it covers me all over as if it’s burying me alive. My body is as black as charcoal and I have stripes as white as ivory. The glittering green sea scoops me up in his big, wet hands and pulls me out deep into the darkest nooks and crannies of the ocean. The flaming sun burns me up until I’m pieces of ash.

As I fall down and down to the bottom of the sea fish fly past as if they're jets. Sea slugs suck at the rocks. Crabs nip at the slimy stones. Dolphins leap out of the water like racing cars going over a speed bump. Jellyfish bob up and down side to side like they have no brain. Sharks flash a toothy grin. Octopi wave their tentacles all over the place, getting stuck to everything they get to close to.

I hit the bottom of the world. I am a shell, but I am not a shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment